The Research Assignment Workshop
November 5th, 2010
- The Essential Cognitive Backpack
April 2007 | Volume 64 | Number 7
The Prepared Graduate Pages 16-22
Submit 3 paragraphs using “Requirements for critique paper” criteria below to Melanie Moon by November 30, 2010.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CRITIQUE PAPER:
- 12 point font (Arial, Times New Roman, or Helvetica)
- double spaced
- normal margins (1 inch or less)
THREE required paragraphs:
- Paragraph one: summary of article
- Paragraph two: discuss applications/techniques (using the ALA document for comparison)
- Paragraph three: personal implications/relevance
To receive 1 additional faculty development credit, submit the same paper to the Director of Faculty Development.
Step I: Read article.
Step II: Reflect on what you read.
Step III: Type critique using (3) required paragraphs.
Step IV: Attach Faculty Development Form to front of critique.
Step V: Submit to the Director of Faculty Development.
Step VI: Receive 1 credit hour of Faculty Development.
**Kicker – Your research assignment and rubric may also be used to help you complete your required Faculty Portfolio**
Evidence of Student Learning (must include at least two)
- Sample of graded pre or post test
- Samples of student work – progression over time
- Graded work samples from both strong and at-risk students
- Scored assignment with accompanying scored rubric.
- Sample of required research assignment.